Friday, September 29, 2023

Relax, Read and Pack

They got the Martini down!

Paella

This was our final day in Madrid before heading to Barcelona. We decided to take it completely easy. Cathy had her hair done, I went for a shave. I finished the book I was reading and started another one. This one the essence of just relaxing.
 
We had one chore, we aren’t taking all of our luggage to Barcelona on the Bullet Train, we are leaving some behind at the hotel. We will return here next Tuesday. So we need to sort out what we wanted to take and what we would leave behind.
 
We did go to a wine store to buy a bottle of our new favorite wine to bring home to LA. 
 
Soon the day was shot and it was time for a Martini. I must be a good instructor because without my guidance the bartender produced a perfect Gin Martini. (I feel Gin Martini is a redundant phrase but Vodka lovers would disagree).
 
We went out to a Paella restaurant we had been to on a previous trip. It wasn’t as good as we remembered. Proving the adage “You can’t go home again” is true.
Other than the disappointment over dinner, it was a great relaxing day.
 
Tomorrow on to Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment